Hello and happy Friday! Hope you all had a great week.
1. I realized I haven't done a Quick Takes in May yet. Sometimes I get on a roll and participate every week for a long stretch and other times several Fridays in a row sneak up on me and I have nothing prepared. Since my last 7QT I've written about potty learning and the older child (a guest post at Happy House of 5), our experience with sedation dentistry (for Agent A), and some things no one tells you about parenting. Also, Agent E turned seven, I threw in a Wordless Wednesday just for fun, and posted another BookSneeze® book review. Oh, and I published a piece at Connected Mom about saying yes.
2. Are you hearing the hub-bub about the "new" Princess Merida design? Full disclosure, we've never seen the movie, so we have no emotional attachment to this particular character. However, last I checked this is a cartoon, right? As in something you could choose not to watch and/or choose not to purchase merchandise representing it? Hmm.
3. A fellow military homeschooler shared this link about the German family denied asylum (you know the story) and I think it's a terrific explanation of the case.
|This is Agent J's why-yes-it-was-absolutely-necessary-to-move-every-|
4. Agent A might be the first two-year-old ever who will learn to sing the ABC song backward before forward. He does both, although while singing it forward he tends to start mumbling around S, and backward he tends to lose interest around F. Both Senior Agents can sing/say the alphabet backward as easily as forward. (So can Momma. Where do you think they get this weirdness from?) Oh, we may have had a little help from TMBG.
5. On a related ABC singing note, sometimes when Agent A gets to the letter P, he stops and cheers. Have I mentioned we're doing some potty training?
6. I'm really hoping to get another post up later today about our homeschooling week. It's been a while since I've hooked up with Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers for the Weekly Wrap-Up. (My last one was here.)
7. I've updated the tabs across the top of the blog (again). I think I am finally happy with them. It would be really great if someone would take a look at one of more of them (hint, hint) and let me know if they seem user-friendly and/or if you think anything else should be highlighted there.
Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!
Thanks for reading and have a blessed day.